Are you looking for hearing aids Melbourne? If yes, then you may want to know about its symptoms and causes. Hearing loss or hearing impairment or deafness refers to the partial or complete incapability to hear sounds. Symptoms of hearing loss may be little, moderate, huge or profound. Further, hearing loss is of three types, which are:
- Mixed, which means a combination of the 2.
- Sensorineural, which include inner ear.
- Conductive, which involves middle or outer ear.
Also, chronic and aging exposure to very loud noises leads to hearing loss problem. There are also other factors that contribute to this problem, and those factors include excessive earwax. Generally, a person with hearing loss can’t reverse the problem of hearing loss. But, your Audiologist can recommend the right hearing aid that helps in improving your hearing, and lifestyle.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss:
Well, signs and symptoms of hearing loss include:
- Muffling of sounds.
- Difficulty in hearing consonants.
- Trouble in understanding words.
- Often asking others for speaking more clearly, loudly, and slowly.
- Avoid conversations and social gatherings.
What’s the right time to see an Audiologist?
Do you have an unexpected hearing loss, especially in one ear? If yes, then you should visit a doctor for immediate physical examination for your ears.
To get the right advice, and hearing examination in Melbourne, Active Audiology is here for you. When it comes to hearing experts, they are the one you can consider without a second thought.
Causes of hearing loss:
- Inner ear damage: Exposure to very loud noise and aging can lead to wear and tear on the nerve cells and hairs in the cochlea that is accountable for sending sound signals to your brain. When these nerve cells or hairs get damaged, electrical signals are not transmitted as efficient as before, which ultimately result in hearing loss.
- Abnormal tumors or bone growths and ear infection: In the middle or outer ear, ear infection, or abnormal tumors can cause loss of hearing.
- Earwax: You may don’t know that earwax can lead to the blockage of the ear canal, which prevent the transmission of sound waves. Removal of earwax can help you in restoring your hearing.
- Ruptured eardrum: Loud noise, the unexpected change in pressure, infection and can lead your eardrum to break, and impact on your hearing.
If you are also going through hearing loss problem, then you might be looking for hearing aids Melbourne. Well, if yes, then you can have affordable and high-quality hearing aids from Active Audiology. They also offer ultimate hearing advice and effective solutions so that you can enhance your hearing capability, which ultimately helps in improving your lifestyle.